Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

Old 07-11-2003, 06:48 PM
Finocchio568
Usenet poster

Default Suggestion: Need Name for Bakery

I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae
Old 08-11-2003, 03:15 AM
alzelt
Usenet poster

Finocchio568 wrote:
I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae

"Nothing too fancy"
--
Alan

"If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion, and
avoid the people, you might better stay home."
--James Michener

Old 08-11-2003, 04:05 AM
Vogel Sher
Usenet poster

"manna"

Old 08-11-2003, 05:11 PM
ConnieG999
Usenet poster

"Finocchio568" wrote in message

The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

En Croute

Connie
My mind is like a steel...um, whatchamacallit.

Old 08-11-2003, 05:59 PM
Mike Avery
Usenet poster

On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:

Our Daily Bread

I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.

He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
names.

Using your name as part of the business is a good touch. Most people
start out trusting a business where the owners name is out front.
"Bob's Bakery". Of course, when you decide to sell the bakery, you
may lose the ability to use your name on other bakeries, depending on
the sales negotiations.

Geographical and/or regional names are also popular. Our bakery is
the "Colorado High Attitude Bakery". We like to say we bake with an
altitude.

Good luck to the original poster,
Mike
--
Mike Avery
Owner, lead baker ICQ: 16241692

Old 08-11-2003, 07:11 PM
Margaret Suran
Usenet poster

Mike Avery wrote:

[...]

I was not thinking of the prayer. I was thinking of the 1934 Depression
Era film. There were no "name" actors in it, but it was a powerful
drama about the struggle to earn enough for your daily existence.

Also, there is a chain of Belgian bakery restaurants in New York City,
Le Pain Quotidien, The Daily Bread.
Old 08-11-2003, 07:20 PM
for ronnie the christian capon who is afraid of to
Usenet poster

Finocchio568 wrote:

I'm currently brainstorming names for a bakery I'm hoping to open in a
year.
Just one simple, effective and possibly catchy word. Any suggestions
would be
very much appreciated. The bakery will be a rustic, homey type (with an
European twist/flavor) - scones, breads, poundcakes, crackers, cookies,
pies/tarts...(and eventually sandwiches & soups). Nothing too fancy.

Thank you for your help!

Ciao, Michae

baakeree

use of this word would of course require a royalty of monthly samplers

Old 08-11-2003, 09:32 PM
David Wright
Usenet poster

On Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:59:26 -0700, "Mike Avery"
wrote:

On 8 Nov 2003 at 12:34, Margaret Suran wrote:

Our Daily Bread

I was talking to a baker this weekend, and he said he wanted to use
that as his bakery name... shucks, every Christian religous service
would be an ad for his bakery. Most of you will remember that "Give
us this day our daily bread" is a line from the Lord's prayer.

He didn't use the name, because it was already in use.

I thought I remembered a bakery here in San Antonio by that name, but
it turns out to be "Broadway Daily Bread." (Makes sense; after all,
it's on Broadway St., not Our St.)

Still, I googled on "Our Daily Bread" and found bakeries by that name
in Blacksburg, Virginia; Algoma, Wisconsin; Winnie, Texas; Hico,
Texas; and Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

David

P.S. I printed a sign that gave our kitchen the name, "Morning Brook
Bread Factory," since that's the street we're on and I like the way
the name rolls off the tongue.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:30 AM
shipwreck
Usenet poster

So make it, "Your Daily Bread"

Old 09-11-2003, 12:33 AM
ConnieG999
Usenet poster

"Mike Avery" writes:

My suggestion on the bakery name is to research the name before you
use it. I knew some people in Austin who had to change their
corporate name repeatedly because it was too close to other business
names.

One of the things involved in incorporating is the issue of a "fictitous name."
An attorney will include a name search in the process before the corporation
can be formed.