Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Bread STICK pans ???

Hello all. I'm trying to find a pan for breadsticks. The result I'm
looking for is along the lines of the breadsticks at Olive Garden.
I'm just not seeing anything like that anywhere. Does anyone know
of any pans like that ?

Thank you . . .Kristina
Posted to rec.food.baking

"Weiler" > wrote in message
> Hello all. I'm trying to find a pan for breadsticks. The result I'm
> looking for is along the lines of the breadsticks at Olive Garden.
> I'm just not seeing anything like that anywhere. Does anyone know
> of any pans like that ?
>
> Thank you . . .Kristina

http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...y=C136&id=5101

Joe

Posted to rec.food.baking

On 11/10/06, Joe Pak > wrote:

> "Weiler" > wrote in message
> > Hello all. I'm trying to find a pan for breadsticks. The result I'm
> > looking for is along the lines of the breadsticks at Olive Garden.
> > I'm just not seeing anything like that anywhere. Does anyone know
> > of any pans like that ?
> >
> > Thank you . . .Kristina

> http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/...y=C136&id=5101

You'll find you can't get there with that link - King arthur will tell
you they have an error with it, and that your shopping session has
timed out. If you go to http://www.kinkarthurflour.com then select
shop and then search for breadstick pans, you'll see a very nice pan
for 22.95, plus shipping.

However, you don't need breadstick pans or baguette pans either for that matter.

If your dough is properly risen when you put it into the oven, it will
spring and have a very nice round shape. If you wait too long, it
will have a flat bottom.

We made hundreds of baguettes a day and never found any need for
baguette pans. We tried baguette pans once, they were given to us
with a used oven, and never used them again. Breadsticks are
basically the same deal.

Good luck,
Mike