mroo philpott-smythe

Default Ping Nick!

Your gula djawa/jaggery/palm sugar should be arriving any day now!

I'm finally over the flu, but this last week's cooking was mostly Middle-
Eastern (stuffed zucchini with ground lamb and pine nuts, chicken stew with
chickpeas and peppers, served over couscous, etc) although I made some very
nice shrimp cakes with lots of chillies and garlic and panko breadcrumbs.

The coming week is going to be soups and mussels in curry, I think. I have
your recipe for Tom ka gai, which I will try.

Hope you're cooking with joy, my friend.

sq, "OK, I did make Pearl Balls, and they were wonderful even though I used
long-grain instead of glutinous rice"

"mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:
> Your gula djawa/jaggery/palm sugar should be arriving any day now!
>
> I'm finally over the flu, but this last week's cooking was mostly Middle-
> Eastern (stuffed zucchini with ground lamb and pine nuts, chicken stew
> with chickpeas and peppers, served over couscous, etc) although I made
> some very nice shrimp cakes with lots of chillies and garlic and panko
> breadcrumbs.
>
> The coming week is going to be soups and mussels in curry, I think. I
> have your recipe for Tom ka gai, which I will try.
>
> Hope you're cooking with joy, my friend.
>
> sq, "OK, I did make Pearl Balls, and they were wonderful even though I
> used long-grain instead of glutinous rice"

Glad ta hear yer flu has flew! Send my Tom Ka Gai recipe to Master Chef
Richard Campbell of alt.binaries.food . Did you see his post of 'Tom Kha
Kai'? It's half Kaffir lime leaves ! ! ! LMAO

I also just posted a series of pics there under the Subject: "Jun's awake &
cooking!" It features the 'Gang Mu Tey Po' (Pork Curry with Chinese Morning
Glory) she made for dinner tonight. Good and hot!

I'm eating with joy, but barely able to walk these days. Thanks for your
good thoughts and looking forward to the surprise.

Did you bind yer Pearl Balls together with Coconut Cream?

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/

mroo philpott-smythe

wrote in
:
> "mroo philpott-smythe" > wrote:

>> Your gula djawa/jaggery/palm sugar should be arriving any day now!

>> I'm finally over the flu

> Glad ta hear yer flu has flew!

%^)

> Send my Tom Ka Gai recipe to Master
> Chef Richard Campbell of alt.binaries.food . Did you see his post of
> 'Tom Kha Kai'? It's half Kaffir lime leaves ! ! ! LMAO

I finally figured out how to get abf on my news server! I must go see.

> I also just posted a series of pics there under the Subject: "Jun's
> awake & cooking!" It features the 'Gang Mu Tey Po' (Pork Curry with
> Chinese Morning Glory) she made for dinner tonight. Good and hot!

Isn't it wonderful to be married to a partner who feeds you well? The
heart and soul of interconnection is good food, I say!

> I'm eating with joy, but barely able to walk these days.

Oh, no! I hope the prognosis is improving, though? So sorry to hear
you're nonambulatory, Nick! How will you fly up for that dinner? I'll
have to come get you at the airport.

> Thanks for
> your good thoughts and looking forward to the surprise.

I'll post my recipe for methi theplas so you'll have something to eat
with the onion jam.

> Did you bind yer Pearl Balls together with Coconut Cream?

Nope. Water chestnuts, bamboo shoot, green onion, mushrooms, chillies,
cornstarch and egg was all I put in there. And ground pork, of course,
although I should have hand-chopped it to get the consistency right. I
was in a hurry, though, so didn't bother to look for a short-grain
glutinous rice, just rolled it in washed and dried Basmati. Looked
gorgeous, like little hedgehogs.

sq "Cooking is hard on the knees but good for the soul"
Master Chef Richard Campbell

> Glad ta hear yer flu has flew! Send my Tom Ka Gai recipe to Master
> Chef Richard Campbell of alt.binaries.food . Did you see his post of
> 'Tom Kha Kai'? It's half Kaffir lime leaves ! ! ! LMAO

Hey Nick,

Just remember I work for the government and I am bored. I am also like the
devil so be careful when you use my name. I used that many lime leaves cause
Ginsey broke a branch of the tree and that is how many it had on it. But I
do like them and usually use twice as many as any recipe calls for.
--
Master Chef Richard Campbell
100% Delightfully Evil for Your Protection

"Master Chef Richard Campbell" > wrote:
> > Glad ta hear yer flu has flew! Send my Tom Ka Gai recipe to Master
> > Chef Richard Campbell of alt.binaries.food . Did you see his post of
> > 'Tom Kha Kai'? It's half Kaffir lime leaves ! ! ! LMAO
> >

> Hey Nick,
>
> Just remember I work for the government and I am bored. I am also like
> the devil so be careful when you use my name. I used that many lime
> leaves cause Ginsey broke a branch of the tree and that is how many it
> had on it. But I do like them and usually use twice as many as any recipe
> calls for.

ROTFLMAO I luv ya Chef! Yer prolly the only one that could breach the
perimeter of my compound undetected. Did I post my killer Voodoo Doll
recipe?

Ginsey broke a branch of the tree? I hope she didn't get stuck with any of
those two inch thorns! We like the flavor of Kaffir limes, too. I prolly
found 4 of them in my small bowl of Gang Mu Tey Po last night. Have ya
tried making Kaffir Lime Vodka? It's therapeutic. ;-D

--
Nick. To help with tsunami relief, go to: http://usafreedomcorps.gov/