Tororo imo (made from nagaimo -- Japanese mountain potato)

Old 29-03-2011, 07:10 PM posted to alt.food.asian

Default Tororo imo (made from nagaimo -- Japanese mountain potato)

Ever since I found a US supply of 'nagaimo' -- a Japanese mountain potato, I have been making the popular Japanese dish of 'tororo imo' (sticky potato) a couple of times a month for lunch. Yum ....

I make it the standard way with the grated nagaimo (sometimes called yamaimo), the obligatory raw egg, some seaweed shavings and some soy sauce.

Does anyone know of other additives for the tororo imo that I might enjoy.

Gary Hayman
Old 15-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zydecogary View Post
Ever since I found a US supply of 'nagaimo' -- a Japanese mountain potato, I have been making the popular Japanese dish of 'tororo imo' (sticky potato) a couple of times a month for lunch. Yum ....

I make it the standard way with the grated nagaimo (sometimes called yamaimo), the obligatory raw egg, some seaweed shavings and some soy sauce.

Does anyone know of other additives for the tororo imo that I might enjoy.

Gary Hayman
Thanks for sharing this information!