Member

Exclamation A good way to to cook a fish

I have a smaller fish(pike/jack) no head gutted and scaled what is a good way that i can cook it and keep it with the bones in preferably with some kind of lighter sauce (black bean, or chillie) sudgestions are welcome, also some kind of veggie i could cook with it would be great
Posted to alt.food.asian

Default A good way to to cook a fish

In article >, redruckus.7c1e8e8.34587
@foodbanter.com says...

> I have a smaller fish(pike/jack) no head gutted and scaled what is a
> good way that i can cook it and keep it with the bones in preferably
> with some kind of lighter sauce (black bean, or chillie) sudgestions are
> welcome, also some kind of veggie i could cook with it would be great

Can be great curried okras and coco milk...

Gerardus
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Sun, 13 Mar 2011 12:39:21 +0100, Gerardus wrote:

> In article >, redruckus.7c1e8e8.34587
> @foodbanter.com says...
>>
>> I have a smaller fish(pike/jack) no head gutted and scaled what is a
>> good way that i can cook it and keep it with the bones in preferably
>> with some kind of lighter sauce (black bean, or chillie) sudgestions are
>> welcome, also some kind of veggie i could cook with it would be great
>>

> Can be great curried okras and coco milk...

I didn't see the original post since it was posted from
Foodbanter.com. Most people have foodbanter.com killfiled since the
guy who owns it is a convicted child molester and murderer, among
other things. So we assume that anybody who uses foodbanter.com, or
any of the *banter websites, condones such demented behavior.

The OP should consider using deja.com or some other server not owned
by a perverted murderer.
Member

It's important not to overcook fish, as this makes the meat tough and destroys flavor, Fish is done cooking when the flesh turns opaque and begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, Cooking times vary with each fish and cut, The following are typical cooking times:
* 10 minutes per inch of fish
* 5 minutes per inch of fish cooked in a sauce
* 20 minutes per inch of fish if frozen
Posted to alt.food.asian

On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 12:21:12 +0000, rjkaaronrjk
> wrote:

> It's important not to overcook fish, as this makes the meat tough and
> destroys flavor, Fish is done cooking when the flesh turns opaque and
> begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, Cooking times vary with
> each fish and cut, The following are typical cooking times:
> * 10 minutes per inch of fish
> * 5 minutes per inch of fish cooked in a sauce
> * 20 minutes per inch of fish if frozen

I'm always stymied by thin fillets.

Member

I like fish so much
it is good recipe
__________________
electric cigarette
Member

fish is my favorite food
i cook fish once in a week
Restaurant Leeds

What are some ways to cook food so it tastes good and is good for you ? wingmark General Cooking 12 14-07-2011 07:32 PM
NEED A GOOD COOK BOOK TO MAKE A GOOD GRAVY LIKE MOM MADE! [email protected] General Cooking 16 18-03-2011 07:12 PM
FA Vintage Fish Cookery cook book 1900 s Alys Marketplace 0 28-10-2008 12:19 AM
How to Cook Fish Hayak General Cooking 0 05-03-2007 05:41 AM
Soups & Dressed Fish vintage cook book 1890 [email protected] General Cooking 0 13-06-2004 02:42 AM