FoodBanter.com

-   Asian Cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/)
-   -   Puto (recipe) (https://www.foodbanter.com/asian-cooking/400395-puto-recipe.html)

sf[_9_] 07-09-2010 10:55 PM

Puto (recipe)

Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

`````````````

Puto
http://cafemunchkin.com/2009/05/21/p...med-rice-cake/

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups rice flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 400ml can (approximately 2 cups) coconut milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the
coconut milk and blend well until smooth.

2. Fill greased puto/muffin molds 2/3 full.

3. Steam for 30 minutes and test for doneness by inserting a
toothpick in the center of the puto. The putos are done when the
toothpick comes out clean.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

coolyun 18-09-2010 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sf[_9_] (Post 1526823)
Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

`````````````

Puto
Cafe Munchkin Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)

INGREDIENTS:

2 cups rice flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 400ml can (approximately 2 cups) coconut milk

DIRECTIONS:

1. Sift all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Then add the
coconut milk and blend well until smooth.

2. Fill greased puto/muffin molds 2/3 full.

3. Steam for 30 minutes and test for doneness by inserting a
toothpick in the center of the puto. The putos are done when the
toothpick comes out clean.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

good, I come and have a look

alp12ha 10-03-2011 10:49 AM

I seen first time about this Puto(recipe).
I try it home and share experience with you soon.

mayajocooking 28-03-2011 04:56 PM

This is what we call "Kakanin" delecacy food during breakfast, very nice ingredients, I'll try to make one ^_^

susanexpress 06-04-2011 08:30 AM

looks well

Noemi 13-04-2011 09:15 AM

Where I come from, there are so many kinds of puto...correct me if I am wrong, but this is the white fluffy kind, right? I remember eating puto pao, which has a strip of cheese on top. Think this recipe will work well with cheese?

boxs21 25-04-2011 06:08 PM

[quote='sf[_9_];1526823']Use silicone muffin cups and a bamboo steamer.

Puto
Cafe Munchkin Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)

look so sweet, do you know where can buy Puto,