Microwavable Asian Meals

Old 22-03-2010, 02:05 AM posted to alt.food.asian

Default Microwavable Asian Meals

Hi. I live in Los Angeles and I recently found a local Indian market
that sells vegetarian meals, with no preservatives or sweeteners, in
pouches that you can microwave in two minutes. Here are the websites of
the companies that make the meals (they are all in India):

http://haldiram.com/
http://adf-foods.com/our-brands/cate...id=1&cat_id=15
http://mtrfoods.com/readytoeat/index.htm

I don't cook much so finding these meals was pretty exciting to me. I'm
just wondering if there are other companies that make similar healthy,
microwavable meals of other cuisines, such as Thai, Chinese or
Vietnamese. Does anyone know?

Are there any food-related websites on which I should also post this
question?

Thanks
Old 23-03-2010, 12:06 AM posted to alt.food.asian
Ian

Skylamar Jones wrote:
Hi. I live in Los Angeles and I recently found a local Indian market
that sells vegetarian meals, with no preservatives or sweeteners, in
pouches that you can microwave in two minutes. Here are the websites of
the companies that make the meals (they are all in India):

http://haldiram.com/
http://adf-foods.com/our-brands/cate...id=1&cat_id=15
http://mtrfoods.com/readytoeat/index.htm

I don't cook much so finding these meals was pretty exciting to me. I'm
just wondering if there are other companies that make similar healthy,
microwavable meals of other cuisines, such as Thai, Chinese or
Vietnamese. Does anyone know?

Are there any food-related websites on which I should also post this
question?

Thanks

You can see some ethnic frozen food at Whole Foods & Trader Joes stores,
and I believe General Mills is rolling out their Wanchai Ferry box and
frozen Chinese entrees to regular supermarkets across the US - look
he http://www.wanchaiferry.com/products.aspx.

Ian
Old 06-04-2010, 09:39 AM
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylamar Jones View Post
Hi. I live in Los Angeles and I recently found a local Indian market
that sells vegetarian meals, with no preservatives or sweeteners, in
pouches that you can microwave in two minutes. Here are the websites of
the companies that make the meals (they are all in India):

Haldiram's
Indian Pickles, Indian Chutneys, Indian Frozen Foods, Indian Masalas and Pastes by ADF Foods, Mumbai.
MTR : Ready to Eat

I don't cook much so finding these meals was pretty exciting to me. I'm
just wondering if there are other companies that make similar healthy,
microwavable meals of other cuisines, such as Thai, Chinese or
Vietnamese. Does anyone know?

Are there any food-related websites on which I should also post this
question?

Thanks
well , in fact most of the chinese food are microwavable.
but i don't think microwaved food is good for our health.conversely,drinking chinese tea is very good for our health and weight loss.
__________________
www.5ktea.com, the number-one Chinese online teashop ,enjoys the reputation for the best teas and services.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:53 PM posted to alt.food.asian
Ian

'Haldiram's' (http://haldiram.com/)
'MTR : Ready to Eat' (http://mtrfoods.com/readytoeat/index.htm)

I don't cook much so finding these meals was pretty exciting to me. I'm

just wondering if there are other companies that make similar healthy,
microwavable meals of other cuisines, such as Thai, Chinese or
Vietnamese. Does anyone know?

Are there any food-related websites on which I should also post this
question?

Thanks

well , in fact most of the chinese food are microwavable.
but i don't think microwaved food is good for our
health.conversely,drinking chinese tea is very good for our health and
weight loss.

Microwaving is just a way of applying heat. As long as it is done
carefully, why would it be any less healthy than any other form of
heating? I think the food content is far more important than how one
goes about heating it.

Ian