Posted to chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian

Default Chinese/Asian lunch buffet in Chicago?

I'd be interested in Chinese/Asian lunch buffets in and around Chicago.

Surprisingly, I can't think of any place in Chinatown itself. Lots of
dim sum and lunch specials, but no buffets.

There must be a few gems hidden in various neighborhoods. If you know
of any, please post. All pointers appreciated.
Posted to chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian
bat bat is offline

Hello Ajanta:
You wrote in conference chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian on Mon, 13 Nov
2006 12:14:07 GMT:

A> I'd be interested in Chinese/Asian lunch buffets in and around Chicago.

in Niles:
King's Buffet in Golf Mill.
New China Buffet at Milwaukee & Greenwood

regards

Posted to chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian

Hello, Kk!
You wrote on Mon, 13 Nov 2006 07:57:20 -0600:

??>> I'd be interested in Chinese/Asian lunch buffets in and
??>> around Chicago.
??>>
??>> Surprisingly, I can't think of any place in Chinatown
??>> itself. Lots of dim sum and lunch specials, but no
??>> buffets.
??>>
??>> There must be a few gems hidden in various neighborhoods.
??>> If you know of any, please post. All pointers appreciated.

K> I go to three of them regularly, lunch only, and only eat
K> very specific things. Sounds like you want to make a
K> destination out of them. I don't do that.

I don't know Chicago but I've found that the Dim Sum offerings
at some Chinese buffets around here are quite good. It's not as
spontaneous as choosing from circulating carts and there is, as
always in buffets, a tendency to overeat and take too many
things at one time :-)

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.comcast.not

Posted to chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian

One to avoid is on Ashland near Wellington, next to the post office,
behind a Boston Market.

It's VERY seafood heavy, VERY greasy, and everything tastes like it was
cooked in the same pot in the same oil, including the desserts.

Ajanta wrote:
> I'd be interested in Chinese/Asian lunch buffets in and around Chicago.
>
> Surprisingly, I can't think of any place in Chinatown itself. Lots of
> dim sum and lunch specials, but no buffets.
>
> There must be a few gems hidden in various neighborhoods. If you know
> of any, please post. All pointers appreciated.

Posted to chi.eats,chi.general,alt.food.asian

In chi.general Ajanta > wrote:
> I'd be interested in Chinese/Asian lunch buffets in and around Chicago.
>
> Surprisingly, I can't think of any place in Chinatown itself. Lots of
> dim sum and lunch specials, but no buffets.
>
> There must be a few gems hidden in various neighborhoods. If you know
> of any, please post. All pointers appreciated.

There's one by the former service merchandise by irving and harlem