About FoodBanter.com Any questions or feedback on what this forum is or how this forum operates.

Member

Default Do You Feel Like A Part Of The Forum Yet?

What I mean by that is do you feel most people around the forums who use it on a daily/weekly basis recognize your username, Avatar posts and have generally have a personality pegged to your online identity? If you don't feel this way, are you bothered by this? Or do you generally not have any interest/care about people giving your posts more thought/attention than just a first time poster/unknown poster?

For me I feel I've been here for a while and built up a large enough post count full of unforgettable humour and amazing advice (ok I'm stretching that part quite a lot :P), and I feel I've gotten to know quite a few individuals on here where I'd be a lil sad when/if (I'll probably be posting here for another 50 years) I stop posting. I guess you can call me sad, but I enjoy having an online identity in this forum, and I also appreciate the characters and great people who make this site work.
Life isn't like a box of chocolates. It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.
Art of Bamboo Tableware, Bamboo Cutting Board and Bamboo Craft
Member

Andrea Dworkin promoted the concept of "anti feminism" which is labelling and shaming others with a differing pov.

A mode of thinking that people engage in when they are deeply involved in a cohesive in-group, when the members' strivings for unanimity override their motivation to realistically appraise alternative courses of action.[3]

Highly cohesive groups are much more likely to engage in groupthink[clarification needed]. The closer they are, the less likely they are to raise questions that might break the cohesion. Although Janis sees group cohesion as the most important antecedent to groupthink, he states that it will not invariably lead to groupthink: 'It is a necessary condition, but not a sufficient condition' (Janis, Victims of Groupthink, 1972). According to Janis, group cohesion will only lead to groupthink if one of the following two antecedent conditions is present: