Posted to alt.food.wine
Joseph Coulter[_3_] Joseph Coulter[_3_] is offline

Default Newbie: Storing champagne at room temperature

Chris M > wrote in news:1192833815.877880.54140
@q3g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

> Hello All,
> I don't have a cool place to store champagne except the refrigerator
> which is too cold. So given that the temperature in the house varies
> from 72 to 80 Fahrenheit, how long is a bottle of champagne likely to
> last here? It's stored in a dark and humid place.
> Thanks,
> Chris

I would opt for the fridge under those circumstances, esp if the storage
isn't forever. Biggest problem with fridge is thatthe cork will dry out
and the wine won't age, this is hardly as big an issue as wine getting
to warm and prematurely dying.

--
Joseph Coulter, cruises and vacations
www.josephcoulter.com