Lorraine

Default substitute for Chicken Stock?

"Robert" > wrote ...
> I want to make Egg Drop Soup, but unfortunately the main ingredient is
> Chicken Stock. Are there any good substitutes for Chicken Stock?

There are many vegetarian chicken-style broth recipes, or you could use
pre-made chicken-style broth. I believe that Pacific Foods makes a veg.
chicken-style broth packaged in an aseptic container (boxed). Here are a
couple of recipes just in case that option is not available to you.

BRYANNA'S HOMEMADE CHICKEN STYLE VEGETABLE BROTH POWDER
(Bryanna Clark Grogan)

Blend in a dry blender:

1 and 1/3 c. good-tasting nutritional yeast flakes
3 T. onion powder
2 and 1/2 T. sea salt
2 and 1/2 tsp. garlic granules or powder
1 T. soymilk powder
1 T. white beet sugar
1 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. finely crumbled dried sage (NOT powdered)
1 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. tumeric

Store in an airtight container and use 1 level tablespoon per cup of water.

From Simply Heavenly: The Monastery Vegetarian Cookbook by Abbot George
Burke
Unchicken Broth
1/2 c. Onions, chopped
4 1/2 tsp. Monosodium glutamate
1 tsp. Sea salt
1 tsp. Poultry seasoning
1/3 c. Nutritional Yeast
1 tsp. Corn oil
2 c. Water

Combine everything and simmer for 5 minutes.

Hope that helps. )

Lorraine