Posted to rec.food.cooking
Becca Becca is offline

Default Justin Wilson's Macaroni & Cheese

A few days ago, we were discussing eggs in mac & cheese recipes.
Glancing through Justin Wilson's cookbook, I noticed that his recipe
uses eggs, as well as onion and bell pepper. I have not tried this
recipe, but if someone cooked it, I would enjoy trying it.

Becca

Justin Wilson's Macaroni & Cheese

1 pound macaroni, cooked and drained
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
½ cup chopped onion
½ cup chopped bell pepper (if you wish)
½ cup dry white wine
2 medium size eggs
1 tablespoon prepared mustard
Louisiana hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 by 12 inch casserole dish.

In a large bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, cheddar cheese, half the
Romano cheese, and set aside.

Put olive oil in a medium-sized saucepan and sauté the onions and bell
pepper over medium high heat until the onions are clear.

In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and then add wine, mustard, salt, and
hot sauce or ground cayenne pepper – mix well.

Add the egg mixture and sautéed onion/pepper mixture to the macaroni and
mix well.

Pour into the casserole dish, top with remaining half of the Romano
cheese, and bake for 45 minutes, until the top is crusty and slightly brown.

Yield is 10 servings.