Posted to rec.food.preserving
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Pickled Cauliflower

I bought a medium size cauliflower at the farmers market on Saturday
morning and pickled it this afternoon. I broke and cut it into florets,
dumped it into boiling water for about 2 minutes, then into cold water
to cool it some.

The brine I used was leftover from my B&B pickles yesterday (the last of
cukes and a good thing it is, too). I added stuff to it -- more cider
vinegar, some red pepper flakes, some chopped red bell pepper for color.
Also added some sliced onions and shallots. Brought the brine/syrup to
a boil and added the cauliflower to heat before packing. Tastes pretty
good. Sweetish and vinegary both. I made four half pint jars from the
one head. The red bell was a nice addition for color.

There you have it ‹‹ for your reading pleasure. "-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
For your listening pleasu http://www.am1500.com/pcast/80509.mp3 --