Posted to rec.food.preserving
Robert Moulton Robert Moulton is offline

Default Pressure Canning and leaking

I left an inch or more in order to try to avoid the bubble over but I
think because the crushed tomatoes were so thick bubbles formed
trapped amongst the tomatoes and that led to the leaking.

Well the seals are good so it looks like I am ok.

Yes, I let the jars cool down slowly (75 minutes) in the canner before
taking the lid off. When I open up and look in I can see the water is
discoloured from overflow.