Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
[email protected] doublesb@hotmail.com is offline

Default MLF Starter Culture

Just for future reference, if you use the right strains of yeast ( not
Bayanus ) and don't add any SO2 after sugar fermentation is complete
you shouldn't even need MLF culture. SO2 would then be added after MLF
was done. Bayanus strains of yeast can inhibit MLF due to their
tendency to eat all the nutrients needed for MLF. If using Bayanus
strains, add MLF nutrients also before adding the MLF culture.

Bob