Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
snpm snpm is offline

Default uhoh, something is not working right - plum wine

On Sep 3, 8:01 am, Tater > wrote:
> pitched the yeast in yesterday, not a bubble today, what should i
> start looking for?
>
> when should the fermentation start showing itself?
>
> I think that I may have killed the yeast during storage, I like my
> soda cold. just checked temp of fridge and it is 35 degrees. yeast
> came with the kit in march(too long?)
>
> holiday today, so I am sure the shop wont be open. nearest wine shop
> over an hours drive. I'd hate to go just to get yeast, but might have
> to.

A whole years plums would make me worry too. Fresh made wines from our
own produce are very special. I hope we see a new post in the morning
saying you have at least "whispy spiral galaxies" of bubbles on the
surface! Be consoled that fortune could be worse...my prickly pear
juice from this years harvest just exploded out of the jar , when my
stand-alone freezer malfunctioned. I didnt lose all I have harvested
and processed. It can always be worse, and most early stalls are
easily restarted, there is lots of sugar on hand for greedy little
yeasties!

Good luck!

Sean