Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Tater Tater is offline

Default record keeping

On Sep 1, 11:30 pm, snpm > wrote:
> On Sep 1, 8:59 pm, Tater > wrote:
>
> > ok, started a batch of plum wine, and am wondering how i should keep
> > records on this, what should i record? acid level, inital SG,
> > ingredients added, starting SG, yeast type, camden added, ammout
> > nutrients, enzymes?

> in my opinion, I'd add
> carb source

??????

<sniped a good list>

some of your items would be moot, as I would end up doing them the
same regardless of batch(stirring, type of secondary, rack or
transferred, etc.) to help reduce variables in batch changes.

acid adjustments and what recipie are issues I am having problems
with, but can understand why recipies differ. my batch of plums had a
high acid content, which meant i had to use a different recipie that
allowed fruit/water ratios to get acid levels in the right area.

I suppose some of it depends on what your goals would be, getting a
good process worked out(me), setting up a failsafe way of making
wine(me), or trying to optimize the fruit(you), or altering processes
to improve certain characteristics(you)

but dont let the rest of the readers stop. I'd like to have a list of
everything on the label, while looking technical, it'd allow me to
open a bottle of wine, taste, expectorate/chug, and find out what i
did wrong/right.