Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Tater Tater is offline

Default measuring acidity

ok, my titration kit measures acid levels in % as expressed in
tartaric, while one of my books refer to it in ppt. how do i convert?
My plum wine was high in acidity .90% tartaric but i then applied a
different recipie (more water,less fruit) and that allowed it to drop
to .70%.

the box the test kit came in said that fruit wines should be around .
60% with white grapes as high as .75%

i could drop it even more, just by adding more water, sugar, etc. but
then I woudl need to split it into two primaries, and dividing the
fruit in the straining bag would be complicated. I might need to
anyway as I think I have a bit too much in the singe primary to avoid
foaming over.

Currently waiting for the camden to let out before i pitch the yeast,
so I have a few hours before i decide to do anything.