Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dee Dee Dee Dee is offline

Default Beef bullion cubes versus beef broth

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:28:03 GMT, blake murphy wrote:
>
>> how well does that stuff keep?

> Forever. It's still a lot of salt, but has actual cow in it.
> The Better Than Bullion stuff is OK - I use the clam a lot, but
> if you can get it, try the Minors brand. McCormick also sells a
> couple at the whorehouse stores for about $3.50/10-12oz.
>
> Minors seafood bases are excellent. But I can't find them
> anymore except for mail order.
>
> http://soupbase.com/view.asp?cid=1
>
> -sw

Steve, you turned me onto this a long time ago. I looked for it until I was
blue-in-the-face, then one day, guess what -- there is an aisle not even
related to stock, in Costco, there it sat waiting for me. I agree it is the
best I've used for chicken and beef. I just don't use this with any
regularity, so it's still in the refrigerator. I didn't date it. I will
buy some more and date it.

On the Superior web site, I believe they show several fish bases. But if
you're happy with Minors, then of course .....

Dee Dee