Posted to rec.food.preserving
Ted Mittelstaedt Ted Mittelstaedt is offline

Default preserving baked goods

"Forbeo" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Does anyone have tips for preserving packaged baked goods without
> using preservatives in the dessert itself?

If you want to do this your going to need to migrate to sealed
packaging filled with inert gas. That is how, for example, potato
chips are packaged nowadays. I believe the preferred gasses
are mostly argon with a small amount of carbon dioxide added to
kill pathogens. You can double your shelf life this way and I
believe you can still even use transparent packaging as your doing
now.

My guess is you already looked into this and are looking for
a cheaper alternative - I don't think one exists unless you want
to try packaging them with mothballs (that's a joke) There ain't
no free luch, sadly.

Ted