Posted to alt.food.sushi
Gerry[_3_] Gerry[_3_] is offline

Default Shrimp Sauce or other dipping or "drizzle" sauces.

On 2007-08-27 20:33:22 -0700, said:

> Thanks, Buddy, but i don't know why I need a special email gadget or a
> special newsreader gadget. Maybe people who get thousands of emails
> need it, but it works for me to just do the yahoo.com or
> groups.google.com if I want to come here. I'm unclear about what's
> the difference between something like this sushi discussion forum and
> a regular internet discussion forum.

I'm unclear on what you're comparing. This sushi discussion forum is a
regular internet discussion forum on usenet. The only reasons I find
for a dedicated newsreader (newsreader gadget?) is to ensure that half
the messages aren't spam, MI5 psychos, anti-semetic screeds and so
forth. Additionally, for me, I can cover 8 or 10 newsgroups in about 5
minutes checking for new posts, don't have to see the columns on both
sides of the dialogues filled with "helpful" visual noise. I can see
the topic headers and only open the ones I want to read and not the
ones I don't, killfile obnoxious participants so I never even know if
they've posted stuff, upload and download files, and perform lots of
sorting options to find an old post, previous posts by a user and so
forth. I can go into the 8 or 10 music newsgroups, a few food groups,
a few travel groups, a few culture groups and be done with a complete
pass in 3 minutes if I don't respond to anything.

I guess that's about all.

> Is any human in charge of this sushi forum?

No.

> Is anyone able to stop spamming...

No.

> ...like the M15 spams, or say someone were to post personal info about
> someone else, or make
> threats or something.

No. If you want a full time hobby you can start a vendetta against
them, using (again) adedicated newsreader to read their complete
headers and sift through their forged headers to find out who their
real ISP is, write to them and complain. Sometimes the target, after
getting a new address or ISP, finds out you're complaining and then you
become their vendetta. It can be done if you don't already have a day
job. Simply kill-filing them or the likely subject matter in a
dedicated newsreader like Agent or Unison is vastly easier.

For instance I didn't even know the MI5 stuff was going on.

> Can that be prevented or removed?

Last time: a dedicated newsreader. That's the service such programs provide.
--
///---