Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_2_] Andy[_2_] is offline

Default Does WalMart really have good meats?

Dee Dee said...

>> In general, I agree, but it's the only place in Cow Hill -- or in the
>> county for that matter -- where I can get bison. And bison is good,
>> even if it's from Wallyworld.
>> --
>>
>> modom

> Are you sure it's bison?
> When Cabela's opened, I tried the bison burgers twice -- thumbs down.
> Ugly stuff. I recall bison tasting pretty good.
>
> Dee Dee

In my experience, grain fed buffalo tastes like ordinary beef. The free-
range, hormone-free, antibiotic-free buffalo is delicious. The Carmen Creek
frozen burgers are good. The other brand for steaks is D'Artagnan. It's
super-lean so don't overcook.

It's also super-high protein stuff. Probably led to my gout, since I ate it
practically every day for almost a year. I still have a good supply of
buffalo in the freezer that I can't touch! At least it stays fresh frozen
indefinitely.

Andy