Posted to alt.food.wine
Paul E. Lehmann Paul E. Lehmann is offline

Default Q: least acidic red wine

Emery Davis wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 13:33:15 -0400
> "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote:
>
>> I realize it may be difficult to find a
>> commercial winery that does not barrel age
>> reds, but it may be possible.

> I'd guess that more wine doesn't ever see a
> barrel than does.
>
> Certainly there are many areas of France
> (Southern Rhone, Loire, South West) where barrel
> aging is not traditional, although folks are
> trying it to get better scores from RP.
>
> -E

Is this the case for red wines? Do the areas you
refer to use stainless for aging? Do they use
oak chips? I have never heard of many areas not
using barrels for red wine. Can you please point
me to some references.

Thanx
Paul