Posted to rec.food.cooking
Mark P. Nelson[_2_] Mark P. Nelson[_2_] is offline

Default Mortar and Pestle Recipes?

Honey_Bunny_025 > wrote in
oups.com:

> I bought a marble mortar and pestle not too long ago and was pretty
> darn happy about it. However, I have been unsuccessful in finding any
> recipes on the internet for it. Aside from pesto, does anyone have any
> recipes that require the use of a mortar and pestle. And when I say
> require, I mean to find it useful.

Any of your recipes that call for "crushed" garlic will taste much better
if you don't use one of those awful garlic crusher thingies but instead
mince the garlic and then mash it in the mortar. You get much more garlic
flavor that way.

Mark.

--
While I'll admit that anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making
the same lethal errors century after century seems to me nothing short