Posted to rec.food.cooking
biig biig is offline

Default Russian Mennonite Recipe search

>>>far. Does anyone have any idea what it may be. It wasn't just a white
>>>sauce because the colour wasn't right. For dessert, we had Rhubarb
>>>Plautz. I think it was a little like Barb's rhubarb custard cake.
>>>..........Sharon
>>>

> Sharon,
> I have a very old copy of The Mennonite Treasury of Recipes.printed in
> Steinbach MB. It has a few recipes for the cream gravy for the verenki.
> I am not sure about copyright issues for copying the recipes here. If
> someone lets me know if it's ok I would post them. I see that they have
> reprinted and updated this cookbook and have been selling them at the
> local farmers market here. If you are interested in a copy I could pick
> one up for you. I go drive past the Heritage Village about once a
> month on my way to Winnipeg, but have never stopped there.
> Sounds like I should give it a try sometime soon.
> oldhag

If you were to stop at the Heritage site to have a meal, you would
have to pay an entrance to the village. The restaurant is inside the
park. We found it very interesting and enjoyed the meal. They have a
gift shop too, but on our budget, I didn't look at the cookbooks. If
there isn't a copyright issue, I'd appreciate knowing the recipes.
Thanks........Sharon