Posted to rec.food.cooking
bworthey[_2_] bworthey[_2_] is offline

Default Lasagna in Aluminum Pan

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Goomba38 > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>
>> > The acid in tomato dissolves the aluminum.
>> >
>> > Never cook ANYTHING acidic in aluminum.

Well, I'm not sure, either, I cover my lasagna with aluminum foil and have
never had that problem, but it may not have come in contact either. I need
to figure this out because I'm getting ready to cook a lot of lasagna and
had planned on doing it in aluminum foil pans, I"m not going to leave it
stored in there, just cook it in there. But I don't knwo what to do know.
My church does not have enough of the big pans for me to not have to cook at
least 2 batches of it, but then I don't know what I'd do with what was
already cooked. I don't know what to do, and I have to do something before
tomorrow!!!!

Freaking out here!

B-Worthey