Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default Lasagna in Aluminum Pan

In article >,
"bworthey" > wrote:

> Okay, just read something disturbing, just read somewhere, NOT to cook
> lasagna in an aluminum foil pan because something about it reacting with the
> tomato sauce.....I'm the one that posted about cooking for the large group
> and this is what I had planned to do. Any thoughts on this?
>
> B-Worthey

Yes.

The acid in tomato dissolves the aluminum.

Never cook ANYTHING acidic in aluminum.

I once made the mistake of covering a tomato based dish with aluminum
foil and it ate holes in the foil leaving nasty black bitter spots on
top of my food, and visible holes in the foil.

I had to scrape it all off.

It's a very bad idea to combine tomato and aluminum.

I no longer own any aluminum cookware and I'm a lot more careful now
with foil.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.