Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Homemade dill pickles question

On Jun 26, 1:59?am, bob > wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 06:02:07 -0700, Sheldon >
> magnanimously proffered:
>
> >"BeeBop" wrote:
> >> My mom makes them every summer. I have a couple jars in the pantry, made in
> >> summer 06. They are sealed, of course. Now, how long are they good for?
> >> How do I know if they aren't good anymore? I just opened a jar, and they
> >> are of course, delicious, and I HATE pickles, except for Mom's. And once a
> >> jar is opened, how long does it usually keep in the fridge?

> >> Also, can you get botulism from homemade dill pickles? I am wondering if I
> >> should let my 2 year old son eat them.

> >Any home canning is risky business.

> I've been wondering if poor reading comprehension might be one of your
> problems ... and here you go and prove it.
>
> The OP was clearly talking about pickles in jars. Pickles in jars that
> have been bottled, not canned. Whether you know it or not, there IS a
> difference, Sheldon.

"putting up" foods at home is called *canning*... imbecile never heard
of canning jars. But then you're just a another low IQ bob. It's
good they don't outlaw that name, it identifies the dumb douchebags.
Not only have I never met a bob with a brain I've never met one man
enough to use his real name... Robert, what a ****ed up name...
friggin' Rodent!