Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default Homemade dill pickles question

In article <Kn1gi.11260$tB5.6270@edtnps90>,
"BeeBop" > wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your input!
>
> DS loves the pickles, and Mom assured me they are fine. They are the same
> ones she's made for the past 45 years, lol.
>
> I *might* learn how to make them, but for the 1 or 2 jars of dills I eat in
> a year (DH likes sweet pickles, and those disgust me) it would probably be a
> waste of time. My sis makes them, so I can always steal a jar or two from
> her.

> ~C

A couple things, C. That she's been doing them the same way for 45
years doesn't necessarily make it okay. The other thing: Don't steal
them from your sister -- ask her nicely or bribe her. '-) And even if
you don't make the pickles yourself, get the recipe while you can!!

The U of GA hosts the National Center for Home Food Preservation and
there's a plethora of information about safe processing there about the
topic www.uga.edu/nchfp.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and