Posted to rec.food.cooking
BOB[_8_] BOB[_8_] is offline

Default Peach Infused Vodka

"kilikini" wrote
> Got a question for you folks. It's peach season here in the South
> and my husband wanted to try making some peach infused vodka. I've
> got an idea of how many peaches I need for a 750 ml pet of vodka, but
> my question is: do I leave the skins ON the peaches going into the
> vodka or off? Do the skins tend to leave more of a peach flavor, a
> bitter flavor or doesn't it matter?

Skins off. You'll get better contact between the peaches and the vodka that
way. Oh, and slice the peaches in half or quarters.

> I was hoping someone in the group could help. I've googled and all I
> come up with are recipes for martinis or drinks using peach infused
> vodka, not the particulars on how to make it.

It'll need to steep for several months. The longer, the better.

> The vodka isn't for me, by the way, but for the hubby. He's trying to
> reproduce a flavor similar to McCormick's Peach Vodka (which he
> loved) that he only found in Tennessee and can't get anymore.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions would be welcomed.
>
> kili

I'm betting that using "Tennessee Spring Water" would be better than Vodka,
but it's harder to find down here, and with shipping, handling and carrying
charges, much more expensive.
;-)

BOB