Posted to rec.food.cooking
hahabogus hahabogus is offline

Default Bay Leaf Question

(J S) wrote in news:11505-46734E17-293@storefull-
3136.bay.webtv.net:

> Having had a recent near choking episode when I stupidly left bay leaf
> in my pasta sauce,Ive wondered if this has happened to anyone else.

This is the reasoning about removing them. Seems there's fine hooks on the
bay leaf edges....

If you have trouble hunting up cheese cloth try tying a cotton thread to
the bay leaf or crumble it to powder before use.

Myself, when I buy bay leaves I powderize them, with a stick blender before
I bottle them for storage. And use them by the tsp or portion thereof.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore