PENMART01

Default Refrigeration question -- Apple Crisp

"Bob IMBECILE Travisty" writes:

>Please let me know if this is not the right newsgroup for this question.
>
>My mother-in-law says that due to the high sugar content an apple crisp
>dessert does not need to be refrigerated for the first day after cooking.
>She says that if she made it just after breakfast and serves it just after
>supper it will be safe to eat that evening and it needn't be refrigerated
>until after it is served after supper.
>
>I said any cooked food will start harboring bacteria just as soon as it
>begins to cool, so she should have refrigerated it shortly after breakfast
>and after supper she should only have warmed up what she anticipated we
>would eat and kept the rest refrigerated.
>
>Well she got all huffy and picked up her apple crisp and went home. My
>thinking was, "Good riddens," but my wife asked me if I was absolutely sure
>that it needed to be refrigerated and if there was any truth to her mom's
>comment about the apple crisp's high sugar content making it so no
>refrigeration is necessary the first day after cooking?
>
>I said, "No, I'm not sure and maybe she really knows what she was talking
>about." My wife then said, "Well, you better find out because if you are
>wrong and she is right then you owe mom an apology." I said, "Okay, I'll get
>on the web and find out."
>
>I looked and looked and the best I could find was that apple crisp keeps for
>three days WITH refrigeration. I could not find anything which specified how
>long it could go without refrigeration on the day it was prepared.
>
>I am hoping someone here knows or can tell me where to look. I want to know
>if who was right and who was wrong.
>
>Thanks for a clue.

Not only high sugar content... it's *baked*, in an OVEN, hotter and longer than
surgical instruments are autoclaved... that pie is friggin' sterile (like your
pea brain). You don't have one tenth your M-I-L's IQ... and she's only a 25¢
ho. Now her daughter, she's really dumb, blind, ugli as sin... hasta be, the
retard married the likes of you.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon