Loki

Default Health Pressure cooker/canner

http://ebay.com & type in 2380856056 in the search you
> >>will see the canner I bought & this might help you recgonize it.
> >>
> >>There's no instructions to go with it and I'm not sure exactly how to
> >>work this specific one. All the pressure cookers/canners I've seen
> >>have the rocking top to maintain a desired pressure. This one has a
> >>pressure gage and pressure relief valve located on the lid but nothing
> >>else I can see on the photo and the seller knows nothing about how to
> >>calibrate it or use it.
> >>
> >>Any information on this one anyone?
> >>

> >Lots of pressure cooker/canner info he
> >
> >http://www.missvickie.com
> >
> >Miss Vickie says this about Health (which isn't going to
> >help you): "Out of business with no available source or
> >service." But at least maybe it will save you some
> >fruitless searching.
> >
> >I've never had a pressure canner (although I sure would like
> >one), so I can't help more than this.
> >
> >Pat

> Hi Pat,
>
> Thanks for trying to find info on this for me. I've spent a couple of
> hours trying all the searches I could think of to find info on this
> one and I did find that link and another selling a cookbook from the
> company dated 1944.
>
> I'm hoping I'll find someone who has one of these and knows how to use
> iy so they can guide me. I've never used a cooker/canner without one
> of the weighted rockers being used for pressure/temperature control.
>
> Thanks for trying.
>
> Meg

Try the libraries. My book that mentions pressure canning says to
check any pressure gauges against a master gauge. And that probably
goes double for an antique. Do not immerse the dial in water.

The book I got the info from may help you, it's Putting Food By. 2nd
ed./ by Ruth Hertzberg etc. Stephen Greene Press: brattleford
(vermont) 1975 pp 41-48
--
Cheers,