zxcvbob

Default Health Pressure cooker/canner

Meg wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I just purchased a Health Pressure Cooker model #22 & made in Peoria,
> IL by the National Aluminum Manufacturing Company. From the limited
> info I found on Google, it was probably made in the late 40's or early
> 50's..
>
> If you go to http://ebay.com & type in 2380856056 in the search you
> will see the canner I bought & this might help you recgonize it.
>
> There's no instructions to go with it and I'm not sure exactly how to
> work this specific one. All the pressure cookers/canners I've seen
> have the rocking top to maintain a desired pressure. This one has a
> pressure gage and pressure relief valve located on the lid but nothing
> else I can see on the photo and the seller knows nothing about how to
> calibrate it or use it.
>
> Any information on this one anyone?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Cheers,
> Meg

You'll need to get the gage tested and calibrated (or replaced, if
necessary). The canner looks just fine, as long as it's not cracked
anywhere, and you don't need a gasket.

When you eventually do need a gasket, see if a Mirro or Presto 22 qt
canner gasket will fit.

Don't put any oil on the gasket! If it seems brittle when you get it,
spray it with silicone spray.

Best regards,
Bob