Posted to rec.food.preserving
Shawn Martin[_4_] Shawn Martin[_4_] is offline

Default Food mill -- need recommendations

"Anny Middon" > wrote in message
t...
> I'd like to buy a food mill. Well, I think that's what I want to buy. I
> have a food processor and a tomato press already -- what I really want is
> something that will get the seeds out of raspberries so I can make
> seedless jam. And seedless coulis. Seedless raspberry whatever. Ideally
> I could use it to make seedless strawberry whatever, too.
>
> Is a food mill what I want? If so, what brand should I buy? There's a
> big range in prices -- I've seen them as cheap as $15-20, and as expesnive
> as $60-70. I want a good one, but I don't want to get spend more than I
> have to.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Anny

I have used a range of products from cheap to the $200$ range. All worked
well enough.
Just make sure yours can be had with a berry screen. (It has smaller
holes)

I currently use a GardenWay, which can be had on ebay sometimes in the $100
range.
(It doesn't work any better that my old $35.00 Victorio, but is all metal,
and just has lasted longer.)

see these:
http://www.everythingkitchens.com/ba...dstrainer.html

I have used this model, and these people before with satisfactory results

scroll down to see the berry screens.