Posted to alt.food.barbecue
EZ EZ is offline

Default Traeger electric auger smoker

Here's an update. I wrote earlier:

> Anyway, I have sent email to the Traeger company as well. We'll see
> what happens-I don't yet have a reply from them. As far as the
> Original Poster is concerned, I would ask your Traeger dealer about
> these problems, and get him to put down in writing what he will do if
> you experience these problems, before you put your money down.

George from Traeger emailed me a couple of times, and I've now spoken with
him on the phone. So, Traeger gets high marks for prompt response! He's
sending me a new firepot with fewer holes in it, so the pellets won't burn
out as fast on smoke setting before the auger kicks in and sends more
pellets to the pot. He also said the digital thermostat would solve the
issue, but it's set for the original firepot so if I get that, I should stay
with the original firepot.

Apparently, if I don't like the digital thermostat, I can always go back to
the three-position switch, put in the new firepot, and be good to go.

We'll see how this all plays out. I'd very much like to get it resolved,
because everything I've cooked on the Traeger tastes great. It's just this
slow smoking issue that is unnerving.

EZ