Wayne Boatwright

Default Fruit Fresh (absorbic acid) - looking for...

Ken Stepien > wrote in
:

> Hi all,
> On a quest for and need Fruit Fresh (absorbic acid), a substitute or
> opinion for the recipe below.
> The problem is I don't know where to begin... drugstore, hardware
> store. Most neighbors have no idea - so I'll ask my neighbors online.
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Ken
> Brooklyn, New York

I once lived for a time in NYC and, surprisingly, while one can find
almost anything there, some things remain elusive.

In most other areas I've lived I could always find Fruit Fresh in the
supermarket, usually in the same area where they stock Sure-Jel and
other canning items.

Most good "old-fashioned" hardware stores that have a section devoted to
canning supplies (jars, canning vessels, etc.) also carry Fruit Fresh
and pectin.

Wayne