George Shirley

Default old turnips

zxcvbob wrote:

> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Down here we feed turnips to the hogs, if'n they'll eat them.
>> Otherwise the turnip termites will get them. Yuck!
>>
>> George
>>

> They're pretty good to peel, cube, and boil or steam. Then serve 'em
> without saying anything and let folks mistake them for potatoes. I
> always get a chuckle out of that one. ;-) Old big turnips should work
> particularly well...
>
> Best regards,
> Bob

How in the world could anyone with a nose or taste buds mistake a turnip
for a tater? Boy, you been living in Southern Canada too long, you need
to move back to Texas and get readjusted. My folks were so poor they
couldn't pay attention when they were kids but they swore they never ate
a turnip, would rather go hungry. Well, they might have eaten one if
they had ever run out of possums, coons, rabbits, and armadillos. <VBG>

I ate a piece of pickled turnip by mistake once upon a time and burped
for a week.

George