Gary Woods

Default old turnips

Eric Deaver > wrote:

>Ok, I have a bunch of BIG turnips that have been in the ground all
>season. Is there anything I can do with them?

Have you eaten one to see what they might be suitable for? If they're
decent, I vote for steaming/mashing/freezing. If not, there's always soup
base. I've got a couple of plastic milk jugs almost full of rapini
blanching liquor in the freezer, for winter "what have I got lying around"
soups. Beans, onions, curry, and leftover mystery meat are likely
additives.