Brian Mailman

Default Dulce De Leche recipe and storage

*non food groups snecked*

Vox Humana wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
> om...
> >
> > "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> > news

> > > sweetened

> > the
> > > way

> > > Why does covering the can make it safer?

> > Water under normal pressure conditions will not exceed 212 degrees (the
> > boiling point). The water prevents the contents from getting too hot and
> > exploding the can.
> >
> > Dimitri

> I understand that part. I just question why Brian claims that the can has
> to be completely submerged.

So it doesn't explode because the contents overheat, just like Dimitri
explained. A can by its nature is a sealed container--i.e., it will
become a pressure cooker.

Surrounding it with water that _cannot_, under normal pressure, ever
exceed the boiling point at that pressure alleviates that concern.

Of course, there are some people who wish to demonstrate evolution in
action....

B/