Posted to rec.food.cooking
Paul M. Cook[_1_] Paul M. Cook[_1_] is offline

Default How to use coffee ground too fine?

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> I bought a bag of "German Roast Coffee" (whatever that is) at Aldi's.
> It looks like normal medium-roasted coffee, but it's ground fine almost
> like powder.
>
> Last weekend I boiled it briefly in a saucepan and then filtered it with
> a French Press. That didn't work very well.
>
> Today I tried using it in an Espresso maker. That seems to be better.
>
> What do you recommend? Thanks,

First, don't use boiling water. Use water off the boil. Then let the
powder steep until it sinks and then decant the clear coffee. It's how
coffee was always made before we invented gadgetry.

You can also sprinkle it on vanilla ice cream. It's pretty good that way.

Paul