Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sheldon Sheldon is offline

Default Flan - how much would you expect to pay

Goomba38 wrote:
> sf wrote:
> > Goomba38 wrote:

> >> Well of course you *can*...but if you're eating out you'll pay more.
> >> I love Flan. It is one of my favorite desserts out. I have only made it
> >> once or twice though.

> > Real leche flan is all egg yolk and no coconut milk.

> I've never had it with coconut milk that I'm aware of? I'm sure Goya is
> promoting that recipe because they'll sell more Goya coconut milk.

Actually there are a half dozen flan recipes at the Goya site, I just
choose the one with coconut but there is also one without coconut, a
pina colada one, and they also sell flan mix... I don't really think
Goya needs to use any pscho-babble head tricks to promote their
products, especially not their coconut products... if you're Latino
that's what you buy... all Goya products are excellent. One of the
things I miss a lot is not having a real Latino market up here like I
did on Lung Guyland... the the stupidmarkets in these parts have a
very tiny area alloted to Goya/Latino products, obviously just
patronizing... and they're priced substantially more than I was used
to paying downstate.

http://www.goya.com/english/search/s...l?which=recipe

Sheldon