Posted to rec.food.cooking
Puester Puester is offline

Default Flan - how much would you expect to pay

Goomba38 wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>
>> You can make one at home in a 9" Pyrex pie plate for about $4... share
>> or eat the entire thing yourself. LOL
>>
>> http://www.goya.com/english/recipes/...ID=39&langID=0
>>

>> Sheldon
>>

> Well of course you *can*...but if you're eating out you'll pay more.
> I love Flan. It is one of my favorite desserts out. I have only made it
> once or twice though.

I love it, too, but the quality is so uneven it always feels like a crap
shoot. Sometimes it tastes/feels like milk thickened with cornstarch.
Sometimes it's a smooth, silky custard under the caramel sauce. My
son-in-law says creme brulee is better. Not on your life!

gloria p