Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer?

In article >,
PeterLucas > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote in
> news >
> > In article >,
> > PeterLucas > wrote:
> >
> >> Omelet > wrote in
> >> news > >>

> >> *2* years?????????????!!!
> >>
> >> Prawns (aka shrimp) last about 5 mins in my household!!!
> >>
> >> Any prawns come to Peters' house, you can hear them yelling.......
> >> "Dead Prawn walking, dead prawn walking!!"

> > Heh! :-)
> >
> > It is rare for them to last that long here too... but occasionally a
> > package gets buried in the freezer accidently, and forgotten about,
> > just like in this case.
> >
> > I recently unearthed an 18 month old package! It was fine.
> >

> >> Was supposed to be having a bit of a party this long Easter weekend,
> >> but it's been pushed back for a bit till we get all the new furniture
> >> in. (Yes, it's that time of the year again!!)
> >>
> >> I've already warned out my local fisho that I will be putting in a
> >> *huge* order for prawns as soon as we have the date set :-)

> > I'll be preparing some later today for a Birthday dinner, along with
> > the stuffed catfish and baked salmon. ;-d
> >
> > Sea food tonight!!!

> I went and bought a whole load of meat yesterday, rump, rib fillet, ham,
> lamb steaks (not for me!!), chicken titties, mince etc... and the butchers
> has a large seafood section, so I came away with 1&1/2 kgs of large prawns,
> so around 4pm we'll be cracking a bottle or two of bubbly and hoeing into a
> large pile of prawns out on the deck.

I need to grill prawns again. The smoked flavor is very complimentary.
Wrapping them in bacon is a thought too. I decided to forego the
stuffed catfish! Dad bought enough veggies to feed an army!

Did you see my pics?
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.