Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_2_] PeterLucas[_2_] is offline

Default frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer?

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> PeterLucas > wrote:
>
>> Omelet > wrote in
>> news >>
>> > In article >, "bd"

>> > If they were well wrapped, I've found them to be ok up to 2
>> > years...

>> *2* years?????????????!!!
>>
>> Prawns (aka shrimp) last about 5 mins in my household!!!
>>
>> Any prawns come to Peters' house, you can hear them yelling.......
>> "Dead Prawn walking, dead prawn walking!!"

> Heh! :-)
>
> It is rare for them to last that long here too... but occasionally a
> package gets buried in the freezer accidently, and forgotten about,
> just like in this case.
>
> I recently unearthed an 18 month old package! It was fine.
>

>> Was supposed to be having a bit of a party this long Easter weekend,
>> but it's been pushed back for a bit till we get all the new furniture
>> in. (Yes, it's that time of the year again!!)
>>
>> I've already warned out my local fisho that I will be putting in a
>> *huge* order for prawns as soon as we have the date set :-)

> I'll be preparing some later today for a Birthday dinner, along with
> the stuffed catfish and baked salmon. ;-d
>
> Sea food tonight!!!

I went and bought a whole load of meat yesterday, rump, rib fillet, ham,
lamb steaks (not for me!!), chicken titties, mince etc... and the butchers
has a large seafood section, so I came away with 1&1/2 kgs of large prawns,
so around 4pm we'll be cracking a bottle or two of bubbly and hoeing into a
large pile of prawns out on the deck.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin