Jordan Zimmer

Default HELP! Stove Keeps Flashing and Beeping "F1" UPDATE...

Well, it probably doesn't help that I live in a small town (pop.15,000).
There are only two service centers here... The tech did call three other
places, all within an hour's driving distance, and they didn't carry it
either. I'm not that inconvenienced really. Like I said, there's the
barbecue and microwave and I have a toaster oven too, so I can improvise. I
also have an old hotplate somewhere. The more I think about it, the more I
can understand why the ERC is not a part you would normally keep in stock.
He told me that he only carries standard parts like elements and burner
switches and the like. Basic repair items. Also, can you imagine with all
the different makes/models out there, it would almost be IMPOSSIBLE to stock
every single kind of ERC... I looked around on the web for the part, like
Vox mentioned, and even I couldn't believe how many different controllers
there are. I DID locate the part at repairclinic.com, and it was $204.65
and not in stock. I take it this must be a hot item! :-) Anyway, the
technician was very understanding and promised me that he would be over to
install it the moment it arrives...

BTW, here's the part I need:

http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=499508

Cheers!
Jordan

"Chris Webster" > wrote in message

> > use, at which point it will be time for a new stove anyway. The bad

news is
> > that the part has to specially ordered from Frigidaire, which he said

might
> > take up to 2-3 weeks, provided that they have the part in stock.[...]

Brad was