Posted to rec.food.cooking
PeterLucas[_2_] PeterLucas[_2_] is offline

Default frozen shrimp, how long will they keep in freezer?

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >, "bd" >
> wrote:
>
>> i bought a bag of shrimp from sam's about eight months ago and put
>> them in the freezer. i found them pushed to the back yesterday. are
>> they still good? will they be mush if i try to cook them? i was
>> hoping to grill them during the game tonight. thanks in advance for
>> any help.
>>
>> bd

> If they were well wrapped, I've found them to be ok up to 2 years...

*2* years?????????????!!!

Prawns (aka shrimp) last about 5 mins in my household!!!

Any prawns come to Peters' house, you can hear them yelling.......
"Dead Prawn walking, dead prawn walking!!"

Was supposed to be having a bit of a party this long Easter weekend, but
it's been pushed back for a bit till we get all the new furniture in.
(Yes, it's that time of the year again!!)

I've already warned out my local fisho that I will be putting in a
*huge* order for prawns as soon as we have the date set :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual
beings having a human experience.

- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin