Cape Cod Bob

Default Dishwasher rinse & hold cycle

On Mon, 12 Apr 2004 11:25:56 -0400, "mocha" > wrote:

>I grew up in a dishwasherless house, and thus handwashed everything. Even
>now with my own house, I've always been one to rinse off my plates/flatware
>before putting them in the dishwasher for fear of food concretions requiring
>a jack hammer to get off. I know the dishwasher has the rinse/hold cycle
>that's supposed to do that for you, but it seems like an extra use of
>electricity and water that would be a waste. Does anyone have experience
>actually using this cycle, and do you feel it's a more efficient use of
>resources versus doing it by hand? Thanks!

I just read a Consumer Reports 2003 report on dishwashers at the
doctor's office. CR recommends against Rinse and Hold and against
manually pre-rinsing dishes. Neither gets dishes cleaner and both
waste water.
Cape Cod Bob
Visit my web site at http://home.comcast.net/~bobmethelis
Delete the two "spam"s for email