Edwin Pawlowski

Default Dishwasher rinse & hold cycle

"mocha" > wrote in message ...
> I know the dishwasher has the rinse/hold cycle
> that's supposed to do that for you, but it seems like an extra use of
> electricity and water that would be a waste. Does anyone have experience
> actually using this cycle, and do you feel it's a more efficient use of
> resources versus doing it by hand? Thanks!
>
> JP

Used the cycle once in about 30 years of DW ownership. It is supposed to
rinse the dishes and keep them ready for the wash cycle when you finally
fill up the machine. To me, it is a waste of time.

FWIW, the machine uses less water than the typical hand wash and rinse.
Detergents today are better than they were when the R & H cycle was
invented. My guess is that the manufacturers are afraid to eliminate it
because no one want to be first to eliminate a "feature" no matter how
dubious a value it is.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome