Posted to rec.food.cooking
Kate Connally Kate Connally is offline

Default Cusabi?

Nancy Young wrote:

> I went to lunch today, one of the appetizers was a surprise
> to me, fried pickles. Tempura coated. I didn't order them,
> but I noticed they came with cusabi dipping sauce.
>
> Just curious what that is. I'm thinking cumin/wasabi.
> No doubt El Wrongo.
>
> nancy

These 2 recipes came up on a google search for
"recipe for cusabi sauce"

Cucumber Wasabi Vinaigrette

1/2 cucumber
1 Tbsp. wasabi
1/4 cup light soy
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup sesame oil

Mix together with a hand blender (or blender) the cucumber, wasabi,
light soy, rice wine vinegar, canola oil and sesame oil.

From: http://www.louisianaseafood.com/recipes-fish-tuna.html
=====

Cucumber, Wasabi and Ginger Salsa Dip

1/2 Cucumber, peeled, de-seeded and diced
1 thumb-sized lump of Stem Ginger, finely chopped or grated
The juice of 1/2 a Lemon
1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
1/2 teaspoon Wasabi Paste (more or less to taste)
2 teaspoons runny Honey
2 Spring Onions, finely sliced
1/2 cup (160ml) Greek Yoghurt (optional)

Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, adjusting the wasabi to taste.
This dip is supposed to be like a chunky salsa but it's equally as good
with the Greek yoghurt if you like your dips to be a bit stickier.

From:
http://www.kettlefoods.co.uk/site/We...20&detailId=14

Kate

--